Thursday, May 8, 2008

"UNSITTING" my boss...

I can go as far as calling the 4th day of October 2006, the day I entered the Fund as “momentous” for at that exact moment. I have a couple of nasty past experiences in my young professional career to get over with, a dwindling relationship to mend, several bills and loans to settle and a shattered ego to pick up and put together. You see, the road I paved towards the so-called pinnacle of success I envisioned just got obstructed. I just ran into a strong wall and I was having a hard time to push myself back up. It was the time when all effort and sacrifices I made for the past 5 years, job-wise, just got thrown out of the window without having the chance to save it.

So when I passed my resume a month before, I said to myself, “This is where I will start all over again”. This is where I will lick my wounds, pick up the slack and be on the hunt once again to that “something” that has eluded me. This is my chance. I remembered the Greenday song, Wake Me Up When September Ends. I guess I did wake up when September ended. I woke up on the 4th day of October. Yes, this is the start.

And so on October 4, I started working with a lot of hope and aspiration even though my status here is not that stable or ideal for someone starting all over again. I am a contractual employee of the Fund. My status as a contractual employee is a first for me considering that I came from a private firm where after just three to six months of probationary period, an employee can attain a regular or permanent status as long as he has satisfactorily passed his probation. But with all the hardship I felt several months before, I somehow learned to find contentment and positivity at that very moment.

But though contented, I am not the type of person who dwells on the same situation.

Just like old times, I started dreaming once again, though sometimes far-fetched, right here at the Fund. I was having the desires I had before. I began desiring the sits of PRR, Sir Tito or maybe Boss Mayet just like I desired the sit of the CEO of my previous employer a few years back. Too ambitious as it may sound, it has been my personal inner drive ever since I started working. To work to unsit the highest officer of the company I worked for, that is. I may not be successful but I still have the sit of the second highest to work for. That was my philosophy.

Years from now, I may not be here in the Fund. I may be somewhere else. I may be unsitting a boss somewhere else. But October 4 will forever be remembered, at least to me, as the day when I started all over again, started dreaming and started chasing it. In a more personal perspective, it was the day when I was given another chance and the Fund gave it to me.

This is my story.

No comments: